Avoid a Bloated Stomach: 12 Tips to Prevent Stomach Bloating After EatingDigestion Supplements
Stomach bloating after eating is a much common problem experienced by a number of people. A bloated stomach after eating can be uncomfortable and very irritating. While some might experience bloated stomach problem everyday, some might suffer from it after eating certain foods. Stomach bloating after eating can be caused by different factors. One of the most common causes of bloating after meals is low or nonexistent levels of acid in the stomach. Stomach acid is a key component in the proper digestion of food. If your stomach acid is lacking, it can lead to a bloated stomach.
Tips to Prevent Stomach Bloating after a Meal
Healthy eating and lifestyle habits are effective in the prevention of stomach bloating after eating. Following are some of the helpful tips on how to avoid a bloated stomach.
1. Stay away from salt and heavily salted foods to prevent stomach bloating. Highly processed foods tend to be high in sodium, which will cause you to retain water and feel bloated.
2. Another tip to avoid a bloated stomach is to stay away from gas-producing foods such as cabbage, broccoli, beans, chocolate, and carbonated beverages.
3. Lack of fiber in your diet results in constipation and stomach bloating. So include more fiber in your diet. Fiber helps everything move through the intestines more quickly, which prevents constipation and bloated stomach.
4. If you try to rush your meals or drink very quickly, it can lead to bloating stomach. One thing we can do to prevent bloating is to eat slowly. It helps to avoid swallowing air, which is one of the common causes of bloating.
5. Another common cause of stomach bloating is eating meals which are too big. You can try to eat smaller meals. This should give your body a better chance to digest the food without causing bloating.
6. Dehydration can often lead to water retention and bloating. Consume lots of water as it flushes out the system and removes the waste faster.
7. If you suffer from abdominal bloating, try not to drink anything that is very cold, but keep it at room temperature.
8. To prevent bloating stomach you should also reduce the use of antibiotics as they destroy the harmless bacteria which help in the digestion of food.
9. Eating fruits straight after a main meal may cause bloating or produce gas. You may eat fruits 30 minutes before eating your meals or 2 hours after the meal.
10. Improper digestion due to stress may cause stomach bloating. Try to avoid stress so that your body can carry out its natural processes properly to prevent stomach bloating.
11. You can prevent stomach bloating after eating by doing some simple exercises. Simply going for a brisk walk or a jog will helps to improve the digestive process and prevent bloating stomach.
12. Practicing yoga poses like hot yoga and other poses are very beneficial for bloating stomach issues. Hot yoga increases the blood circulation to a greater level. As the body heats up and blood flow increases, it allows for easier digestion, and in turn, less bloating and gas.
Suffering from stomach bloating after eating can be a frustrating problem. By applying simple changes to your daily lifestyle, you can prevent a bloated stomach naturally.
You may also like to read: